Jacksonville Teacher Residency (JTR)
Jacksonville Teacher Residency (JTR) is a teacher preparation program designed specifically for STEM graduates who are passionate about becoming math or science teachers in Jacksonville's high-needs, urban middle and high schools.
JTR is a competitive program and accepts only the best and brightest candidates who are not only extremely knowledgeable and passionate about their subject area, but who are also effective leaders, brilliant communicators, and motivated change agents.
2015 Application Deadline Extended!
Good news! We’ve extended our 2015 deadline! There’s still time to be considered for JTR’s Cohort 2, which begins June 22, 2015.
Residency benefits include:
· $20,000 living stipend during Year 1
of Education (M.Ed.) degree from the University of North Florida (UNF)
· Teaching apprenticeship in Year 1
· Job placement support in an urban Duval County school after Year 1
· An incredible support system to help you succeed every step of the way
Do you qualify? If you say YES to all four questions below, then JTR is looking for you! Complete a Prospect Form today.
· I have an undergraduate or graduate degree in Science, Mathematics, or another STEM field;
· I have a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate study;
· I have a passion and desire to make a difference through teaching; AND
· I do NOT have professional teaching certification
Steps to apply for qualified prospects (must be completed in order as outlined below):
1. Submit a Prospect Form. All Prospects
will receive an email notification of eligibility within 72 hours.
2. Prospects who meet ALL eligibility
requirements will receive an Application Packet. Prospects must complete and
return the Application Packet within 72 hours of receiving it.
3. Applicants whose applications pass the
JTR Committee’s review process will be invited to attend JTR’s Spring Selection Day on April 24, 2015 on the UNF campus. Participation in Selection Day is mandatory in order to be considered for JTR.
4. After Selection Day, JTR Finalists
will be invited to apply to UNF’s Graduate School. Final acceptance as a JTR
Resident is contingent upon admittance into UNF Graduate School for Summer
5. JTR classes begin June 22, 2015.