Jacksonville Teacher Residency is entering its fourth year of preparing STEM graduates to become math and science teachers in Jacksonville's high-needs schools. We are excited to announce that, for the 2017-18 year, we are expanding the residency experience to include an undergraduate Elementary Education pilot for qualified UNF Elementary Education seniors.
Now Accepting Prospect Forms for Cohort 4
To begin the application process, please ensure you meet the qualifications for either the STEM M.A.T. program or the Elementary Education undergraduate program, and then complete a Prospect Form.
Qualified Prospects will be emailed an Application Packet to complete and return. There are a limited number of spaces available for JTR, so it is recommended to complete the Prospect Form and Application Packet as soon as possible.
Important Dates for Cohort 4 Prospects
- December 19, 2016 -- Deadline to submit a Prospect Form for Early Decision. Qualified Early Decision prospects will be asked to submit their full Application Packet by January 3, 2017 and will be notified of invitation to Selection Day by mid-January.
- January 3, 2017 -- Early Decision Application Packets due.
- February 24, 2017 -- Deadline to submit a Prospect Form for Regular Decision.
- March 3, 2017 -- Deadline to submit Application Packets for Cohort 4 consideration.
- March 31 & April 1, 2017 (by invitation only) -- JTR Selection Day in Jacksonville, FL. Applicants who are chosen to attend Selection Day will be notified by email. Attendance is mandatory in order to be considered further for JTR (no exceptions), so we recommend marking your calendars now in anticipation of this possibility.
- May 5, 2017 -- Selection Day Participants will be notified on this date if they have been accepted to JTR's Cohort 4.
- June 15-16, 2017 -- Cohort 4 Orientation (attendance is mandatory)
- June 26, 2017 -- First day of Cohort 4 classes at UNF