Darnell-Cookman Middle/High School, School of the Medical Arts
To prepare students for collegiate success
through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum integrated
with professional medical standards emphasizing integrity, the
pursuit of academic excellence, and a passion for life-long
|Duval County Public School System Vision
Every student will graduate from Duval County Public Schools
with the knowledge and skills to be successful in post-secondary
education and/or the workforce.
|Duval County Public School System Mission
The Duval County Public School System is committed to
providing high quality educational opportunities that will
inspire all students to acquire and use the knowledge and skills
needed to succeed in a global economy, and culturally diverse
|Core Beliefs of Duval County Public School System
- The academic success of every student in Duval County
is the top priority of the Duval County School Board.
- The Duval County School Board believes that our greatest
strength as a school district is the racial, gender, ethnic, and
socio-economic diversity of our students and community.
- The achievement gap in Duval County can and must be
- All DCPS children can be academically prepared to reach
- All DCPS children can learn at grade level.
- Every school in Duval County can be a high-performing
organization, both academically and operationally.
- High quality teachers, supported with high quality, on-going
professional development, must drive our rigorous,
intellectually and artistically challenging curriculum.
- Academic and operational resources can and must be
adequately distributed throughout all DCPS schools.
- All schools can be safe learning environments where every
student and adult is valued and respected.