Welcome to MAJ
700 Orange Avenue
Baldwin, FL 32234
At 8:45 every morning our exterior doors will be locked and remain locked to create a secure environment. All visitors will need to come in through the first set of double doors at the Bus Port. Use the doorbell to enter and then check in at the front office. All visitors must sign in and are required to wear a badge or sticker while on campus. To check out a student you must have ID. These procedures have been put in place to maintain a secure and safe learning environment.
We have many volunteer
opportunities here at Mamie Agnes Jones Elementary. If
you are interested in becoming involved, all volunteers
are required by Florida law to
complete an application
and background check.
Here are some ways you could help usÖ..
- Cafeteria help-Assist students get through line quickly and
with opening of packages and drinks.
- Box tops-Counting and Clipping-Counting and clipping box tops
in your child's class before they are turned in.
- Play Day-Chaperone children and assist at various stations.
- Student Pictures-Assist photographers with organizing classes.
- Classroom Assistant-Assist teacher with classroom activities.
- Vision and Hearing Screening-Assist with screening of
students with morning and afternoon time slots.
- Class Field Trips-Chaperone students on class field trips.
- Classroom Reading-Volunteer to read in a classroom.
Book Fair- assist Media Specialist during Book Fair
All parents/visitors take note: ALL students must be checked out through the main office. Students leaving early for appointments must have a written note from their parent. Students are not allowed to leave the building without prior written permission. POLICY: The School Board welcomes visits by parents in the school, especially if prearranged and for the purpose of conferences with teachers. Any visitor, which for the purpose of this policy shall mean a parent, volunteer, salesman or other person who is not an employee of the School Board, who enters the premises of a school shall report to the principalís office to explain the purpose of the visit and to get permission for the visit. Any visitor to the schools shall be made to feel welcome, shall be allowed to express concerns or questions to the appropriate person and shall be treated with dignity and respect. The following procedures shall be followed:
All visitors shall check-in at the schoolís office
and obtain permission for the visitation and a visitorís
(3) Visitation by a non-enrolled student unaccompanied by his/her parent(s) or legal guardian is prohibited unless prior approval has been granted by the principal.
(4) Loitering in and around the school premises is prohibited.
(5) Only persons with legal authority to do so (such as School Board Security, law enforcement or Department of Children & Family personnel) shall be allowed to interrogate or question a student on School Board property without the consent of the studentís parent(s) or legal guardian.
(6) Because staff and students should at all times
feel that school and work environment is safe and not
hostile, all visitors to School Board property shall
comply with all School Board policies while on School
Board property and shall conduct themselves in a manner
that is not disruptive, threatening or abusive.
Read It Forward Jax
Checkout Policy for Duval County
Duval County Public Schools is not responsible for contents on external sites or servers.
Webmaster: Tim Young email@example.com