AVID is a fourth- through twelfth-grade system to prepare students in the academic middle for four-year college eligibility. It has a proven track record in bringing out the best in students, and in closing the achievement gap.
Benefits of AVID
· Students will become proficient in organization , time management, study skills, writing, teamwork, reading and public speaking
· Supported by tutors, who are college students trained to coach
· Field trips to universities /colleges/businesses
Who qualifies for AVID?
· Students identified as having academic leadership, and potential to be successful
· Students that have a 2.5-3.0 GPA and average test scores
· Students with the determination to participate in the program and a desire to attend college
The following are dates and times for the AVID Site Team Meetings: