Duval County Public
Curriculum and Instructional Services
- Our schools will be learning communities in which all students will attain
academic excellence and graduate as responsible citizens successfully participating in
their chosen pursuits.
- Our schools will promote high academic standards and will be serious and direct
in pursuing academic excellence for all students.
- Our schools will have effective, creative teachers who will use a variety of
teaching styles to facilitate the learning of the individual student.
- Our schools will have a current, challenging curriculum with state of the art
learning materials, modern technology, and resources for all learners.
- Our schools will be safe places, with challenging, attractive, and nurturing
environments for the education of children and adults.
- Our schools will model educational leadership which stresses the learning needs
of individual students.
- Our schools will be flexible and responsive, embracing the diversity of this
community, and will develop partnerships with parents, employers, academic institutions,
other agencies, and the community in educating our children.