Duval County Public Schools continues to expand the opportunities it offers students over summer to provide academic enrichment and grade recovery. There are multiple programs available for students throughout Duval County in grades kindergarten through 12.
"We are happy that we are able to offer our students so many great programs that allow them to remain focused during the summer months," said Superintendent Nikolai Vitti.
Summer Break 2013
- Summer VPK
- Read It Forward Jax! Ready to Read K-2
- Summer Grade Recovery Programs - Elementary, Middle, and High
- Superintendent's Summer Academies
- Elementary Reading and Math
- Bridge Academies 5-6 and 8-9
- Algebra I
- Geometry EOC
- US History EOC
- Exceptional Student Education Extended School Year (ESY) Program
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Program
- Destination "Summer" Success
- Summer Camps
The summer programs begin as early as June 17th and
end July 26th.
For information regarding transportation, eligibility, the attendance policy and much more, visit the
DCPS' website or call the Academic Services Office at (904) 390-2133.
Duval County Public Schools also provides
Summer Packets* and
Recommended Reading* lists (*Coming
Soon!) for students to use during summer break.