Media Advisory - Vice-Chair of the Trustee Board for the College Board to Visit Several Duval Schools
Dr. Maghan Keita, Vice-Chair of the College Board's Trustee Board, will make a special visit to Jacksonville to meet with several Duval Schools' students, teachers, parents and administrators. Jenny Krugman, Vice President of the Southern Region of the College Board, will join Dr. Keita as they visit four Duval schools and the Schultz Center for Teaching and Leadership for a working lunch.
During their day-long visit, Dr. Keita and Ms. Krugman will begin at Raines High and Ribault Middle. They will stop by the Chinese classes to get a feel for the classroom design and students' daily activities. The Chinese studies are an area study of the College Board. Students will have the chance to ask questions about the College Board's areas of study and educational opportunities.
The Schultz Center will host a working lunch with a question and answer session for Dr. Keita, Ms. Krugman, Superintendent Ed Pratt-Dannals, Duval County School Board members, Schultz Center Board members and other local administrators.
Dr. Keita and Ms. Krugman will continue with a visit to Rufus Payne Elementary to study Chinese artifacts with students. The day's activities will culminate at Stanton with a roundtable discussion. Attendees from multiple Duval schools will enjoy a student presentation, a question and answer segment, and conversation about the College Board initiatives.
WHEN & WHERE:
Monday, October 15, 2012
- 7:30 - 9 a.m. - Raines High School, 3663 Raines Ave., Jacksonville, FL 32209
- 9:30 - 11 a.m. - Ribault Middle, 3610 Ribault Scenic Dr., Jacksonville, FL 32208
- 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Schultz Center for Teaching and Leadership - Gentry B Auditorium, working lunch with Q&A, 4019 Boulevard Center Dr., Jacksonville, FL 32207
- 1:30 - 2:15 p.m. - Rufus Payne Elementary, 6725 Hema Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32209
- 2:30 - 5 p.m. - Stanton College Preparatory School, 1149 West 13th St., Jacksonville, FL 32209
More DCPS News