Exceptional Education & Student Services Department
1701 Prudential Drive, ese 4th Floor
Jacksonville, Florida 32207-8152
Phone (904) 390-2071
Attention all families of children with special needs:
Duval County Public Schools' Exceptional Education & Student Services Department is committed to enhancing the quality of instructional services, educational opportunities and support for students with diverse needs, their families, and schools.
The Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resource Systems (FDLRS) offers services and support to families of children with special needs. Its goal is to help contribute to greater school success for such children. For more information, visit FDLRS website by clicking here or by calling (904) 346-4601.
Child Find Services is a service designed to answer parents' troubling questions about their preschoolers' progress in developing important developmental skills. Child Find Services include:
- Screening for preschoolers in communication, motor development, vision, hearing, and preschool readiness skills.
- Assistance in placing children with special needs in appropriate Exceptional Education & Student Services programs.
- Information and professional consultation about those programs and other challenges facing parents of preschoolers.
- Technical and instructional support to Exceptional Education & Student Services programs in Duval, Clay, and Nassau counties.
- Training, information, and assistance to parents about various school system and community services.
- Materials, games, and books that have been especially selected for parents and their children with special needs can be checked out on loan from the FDLRS Media Center.
- Assistance in the selection and use of computers, software, and other devices.
For more information, please visit: Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resource Systems, or call (904) 348-7784.